POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DNA! Giver of life...{46k} : Re: DNA! Giver of life...{46k} Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DNA! Giver of life...{46k}
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Feb 2000 16:14:01
Message: <chrishuff_99-D77B4D.16150511022000@news.povray.org>
In article <38a400ed@news.povray.org>, "Bob Hughes"
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:> wrote:

> Looks like the good ol' original POV-Ray media there, nice and dusty.
>  Could have rendered it in a fraction of the time using MegaPov and
> method 2 intervals 4 samples 5,5 and had a dust-free environment too.

Actually, it is recommended to keep intervals set to 1 when using
MegaPOV media. Too many will produce odd effects, and more will be
created when necessary. I usually use method 3 intervals 1 samples 15,
15, with the default aa_level and aa_threshold. I sometimes push the
samples higher when more detail is needed, but rarely need to go over 30.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom